According to the information provided by the SRS in 2017, Latvian enterprises paid 6.57 billion euros in taxes. That is by 7.18% more than in 2016.
As reported in the blog of the company Lursoft, 30.59% of the total collected taxes were compulsory social insurance contributions, and 18.11% – personal income tax.
The top three largest taxpayers in Latvia remained the same. The list is headed by the retail fuel company Circle K Latvia, which transferred 178,99 million euros to the budget last year. On the second place there are wholesale dealers of fuel Orlen Latvija (145,77 million euro), and on the third – the retail dealer of fuel Neste Latvija (134,45 million euro).
The top ten also included:
- Latvenergo (electricity) – 111 million euros;
- Philip Morris Latvia (tobacco products) – 104.53 million euros;
- Latvijas Gāze (gas concern) – 98.76 million euros;
- Baltic Sales Network (wholesaler) – 89.08 million euros;
- Latvijas dzelzceļš (railway transportation) – 69.50 million euro;
- Pirmas (a wholesaler of fuel) – 65.15 million euros;
- East-West Transit (a dealer in fuel) – 63.89 million euros.The largest payers of personal income tax:
- Latvijas dzelzceļš – EUR 15.18 million;
- Rīgas satiksme – 9.63 million euros;
- Maxima Latvija – 8.73 million euros;
- Sadales Tīkls – 7.87 million euros;
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital – 7.79 million euros,
- Evolution Latvija – 7.73 million euros;
- Rimi Latvija – 7.18 million euros;
- ABLV Bank – 7.15 million euros;
- Accenture Latvijas Filiāle – 6.77 million euros;
- Riga Clinical University Hospital named after Stradina – 6.36 million euros.The largest payers of compulsory social insurance contributions:
- Latvijas dzelzceļš – EUR 28.49 million;
- Maxima Latvija – 18.12 million euros;
- Rīgas satiksme – 17.43 million euros;
- Rimi Latvija – 14.96 million euros;
- Sadales Tīkls – EUR 14.40 million;
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital – 14.19 million euros,
- Evolution Latvija – 13.65 million euros;
- LDz Cargo – 11.84 million euros;
- Riga Clinical University Hospital named after Stradina – 11.41 million euros;
- Accenture Latvijas Filiāle – 11.12 million euros.